Friday, June 22, 2012

Breaking Waves

I plunge deep into the sea;
The waves overtake my sanity.
An electrical current runs through;
As I dive deeper into the murky blue.

The light flickers overhead;
As my world turns blood red.
The emptiness resonates inside;
As I try to fight through the tide.

The jewels of time unwind;
As I stumble through the grit and grime.
Lightning bolts across the sky;
Thunder rumbles with nowhere to hide.

I'm troubled with the guilt;
The knife buried to the hilt.
The blood coagulates from the wound;
As I let my thoughts consume.

Purple rain falls on my head;
Embers and flames come in shreds.
Bursts of light in a broken world;
Empty promises and thoughts swirled.

Isolated in desolation;
A look of concentration.
Surrounded by sand;
On another unfamiliar land.

Treading on shards of glass;
Trying to forget the past;
A rush of adrenaline in my veins;
Tears of anguish feeling ashamed.


No comments:

Post a Comment