Friday, November 26, 2010

Notoriety for the Nefarious Neal

INT. The PROFESSOR’S Room

The PROFESSOR is handing out the tests.

PROFESSOR

I am passing out the tests now so everyone be quiet; you all are familiar with the drill.

NEAL

Psst... Pass this note to Nina.

Random Kid

Okay, Psst... Nina this is from your “boyfriend”

NINA

Thanks

The note read: Good Luck on the test, see you after class.

Nina begins to pass a note in response back to Neal.

PROFESSOR

You are you passing notes during a test. You are in trouble for cheating little missy

NINA

No sir, I was just. . .

PROFESSOR

I don’t want to hear your petty excuses; out of my classroom now!

NEAL

Sir, I can explain. . .

PROFESSOR

No need to make excuses up for her Neal.

A couple of hours later after class. . . with Nina and all of Neal’s afore mentioned friends

NINA

Thanks, a lot Neal. Now my parents are going to be so mad at me. This is your fault. I am going to be officially grounded by my parents.

NEAL

I know your right, this is my fault but if everyone is up for it, I have an idea.

Nina leaves and Neal tells his idea to his friends (Yash, Daniel, Nathaniel, SURAJ, and NATASHA)

SURAJ

Gee Neal, I’m not so sure this is a good idea, besides, we could get in a lot of trouble, not to mention the fact that Nina never told you to do this for her.

NEAL

Nonsense, what she doesn’t know won’t hurt her.

Later on that night...outside the Professor’s residence

NEAL

All right, let’s go, you all know the drill. There should be no evidence that we came here and no room for mistakes.

YASH

Got it! Now let’s do this.

They enter the Professor’s house, noting that his car isn’t outside so they can sneak in.

Int. Professor’s room

NEAL

Let’s hurry up and find Nina’s test paper and the Professor’s test answers.

The friends are all rummaging through the cupboards and drawers searching for the papers. The wind can be heard rustling outside as there is a figure outside climbing up a bush at the side of the house towards the window. The figure comes unnoticed.

NEAL

Found it! Now all I have to do is copy it quickly before the Professor comes back.

Wait! Who’s that outside of the window?

NINA

(Tapping on the window outside) Guys! What do you think you’re doing? Get out of there now!

NEAL

Nina, you weren’t supposed to be here.

NINA

I heard about your plan to lie and cheat on my test for me. You’ve lost your mind Neal and I don’t want to take any part in your dirty scheme.

NEAL

You’re going to have to be our lookout in case the Professor comes back.

Yash had been rummaging through the papers when he found an object in one of the drawers.

NEAL

Guys we’ll be done shortly.

Fear erupts on Yash’s face. Suddenly... SlAM!!!

NINA

That was the door! Oh no! The Professor’s back and he is inside the house.

YASH

Neal, there’s something I need to tell you.

NEAL

Not now Yash, we’re already in as much trouble as it is.

The Professor’s footsteps can be heard on the steps, as he gets closer to the room.

PROFESSOR

What are you kids doing in my house! Are those the answers to the test I gave you earlier today?

NEAL

We can explain.

Yash can feel the fear well up inside of him as he panics...

YASH

Hold it right there! (Holds up the gun now understood to be the object found in the drawer.) Don’t move or I’ll shoot!

NEAL

(Shocked) Where did you get the gun from?

PROFESSOR

What are you doing son, just give me the gun and all of you will be free to go.

YASH

Stop or I’ll...I’ll sh-sh-shoot!

NEAL

Don’t do this Yash; you’ll regret it. Please, please don’t do this.

PROFESSOR

Listen to your friend; you have your whole life ahead of you. You don’t have to do this.

YASH

Shut up! Shut up! I need you to stop talking!

Without thinking Yash pulls the trigger. Neal jumps in front of the Professor and the bullet and gets shot in the leg.

Neal

Ow! Damn you Yash, I told you not to pull the trigger!

YASH

Oh no! What have I done! I’m so sorry!

NEAL

Whatever, its okay, I’ll be okay.

YASH

What are you crazy! You’ve been shot! Of course you’re not going to be okay!

PROFESSOR

Well, it looks like you’re all in trouble. I knew that I shouldn’t have started teaching some dumb punk kids such as all of you.

YASH

What do you mean?

PROFESSOR

I mean that I could have been anything a doctor a lawyer even an engineer; but NOOO... I decided to become a teacher. Man what was I thinking? But now that all of you are here, I can’t just let you leave!

Neal, thinking quickly, grabs onto the Professor’s leg (while still bleeding on the floor) and pulls him down which knocks him out.

NEAL

What are you guys waiting for! Run!

YASH

But, what about you!

NEAL

Go on without me. . .

YASH

Okay! See Ya!

NEAL

What! You all are actually going to leave without me.

YASH

But, you just said it was okay.

NEAL

And, you believed me! It’s just a figure of speech. I mean, I’m bleeding to death because of you, and you actually planned on leaving me here!

YASH

Would you quit arguing and get up already! I swear sometimes you are just being a drama queen.

Neal gets up, while everyone else runs downstairs and out the door and Nina gets away from the window and goes to her bike. Natasha tries to help Neal when Neal opens a door which he believes to be the front door. They open a closet door to reveal a skeleton.

NATASHA

Is that what I think it is...

NEAL

Yeah, that’s the Professor’s wife! The rumors were, I mean are true, he did kill his wife. Talk about having skeletons hidden in the closet!

NATASHA

Let’s get out of here; I don’t want to find out about anymore of the Professor’s hidden secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment