Saturday, June 22, 2013

Rain

The silence is loud,
A bunch of storm clouds;
Lightning comes in shreds,
Losing control of my head.

Rain drops fall on the ground,
The world is devoid of sound;
Driving down a slick road,
Feeling broken and cold.

Water spatters on the windows,
Left in another state of limbo;
Thunder rumbles in the distance,
I am left as the only resistance.

The car crashes against a tree,
The branches and limbs fall on me;
The windows break on impact,
I remain healthy and intact.

The wind blows the water inside,
There's nowhere to go or hide;
The sky lights up for a second,
As I stand at attention.

I fight against the rain,
I can feel myself going insane;
I desperately search for safety,
The rain and wind try to overtake me.

The rain finally stops,
The last bit of drops;
The sunlight pours through,
As I feel polished and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment